Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Creamy Mashed Potatoes


Mashed potatoes are one of the ultimate comfort foods. I've seen recipes for mashed potatoes with garlic, herbs, or cheese. Some cook their potatoes steamed, boiled, baked, or even grilled. No matter how people modify the traditional recipe to suit their taste buds or to some just to experiment new flavors, bottom line is, taste preferences vary for every person which most likely were developed by what you were served when you were growing up.

Although, I didn't grew up with mashed potatoes I've had it many times. I've had some good ones and some just bland. I personally like mine creamy, buttery and chunky just the way my husband makes it.

Note: When it comes to cooking the potatoes, I like mine steamed instead of boiled or baked. Steaming helps the potatoes retain its flavor.  

Ingredients

2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled and cut in quarters
7 ounces canned milk
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
black pepper

Direction

1. Steam the potatoes, covered, and checking regularly, until a knife pierces skin easily, about 20-25 minutes.

2. Remove potatoes from steamer and place in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, and salt; pour milk a little at a time, mashing just until light and fluffy but still chunky, until desired consistency is reached.  

No comments:

Post a Comment