Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No MSG - Ranch Mix for Dressing or Dip

I used to not care about the ingredients of the processed foods that I buy until I learned about MSG, sugar, etc;  and how they affect the body. This is how my hunt for ranch dressing from scratch started.


I came across this recipe at Food.com, it's a really good one. I did make a few changes  to the recipe to make it my own. 

Ingredients
1/4 cup granulated powder
1/4 cup granulated onion
2 tablespoons Xylitol or granulated sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon citric acid
1 tablespoon parsley, finely crushed
1 teaspoon white pepper

Direction
1. Mix all the ingredients and place in airtight container.

2. If you want to use this for salad dressing, combine 1 teaspoon of ranch dipping mix into 8 ounces of sour cream at a time, to taste. Add buttermilk into sour cream mixture until desired thickness is achieved.

3. You may use very little amount of buttermilk or may omit it for dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment